Sunday, July 5, 2009

We had our 6th child, Emma last month, June 2nd at 7:25AM. She was 8lbs. 14.5 oz. Three days after she was born we discovered that she is profoundly deaf just like our oldest, Abigail. Lori and I have decided to move back to Utah because the early childhood services for the deaf are much better there. We feel it is important to be close to the LDS deaf community and the deaf mentor program. We are shooting to be there by the time school starts (August 20th) so that the kids can begin school in the fall.

Things have already started to fall into place. My boss has agreed to let me work from home up there so I will be keeping my current job.

We blessed Emma in our Mesa ward this morning. We wanted to do it before moving to Utah. I will be in Utah this coming week looking for our new home. We will keep you posted.


I am sorry the quality of the photo is so poor. We forgot the camera and took this picture of Emma with a cell phone.

Emma Ginter
July 5th, 2009
Almost 5 weeks old.

3 comments:

The Ririe's said...

That is so crazy you will be moving, although I am sure it is for the best! Emma is a sweetheart and we loved getting to see your family at the reunion.

Christy said...

Congrats on the new baby! She is such a cutie! Good luck on the move, I hope everything goes good for you in Utah!

Josh, Christy, C,N,J, and A said...

She is still so cute even on a cell phone photo!